While this looks photoshopped, it’s an actual phenomenon, a fire swirl caused by a heat-generated vortex.
March 11, 2003 – a Salt Lake City strip mall goes up in flames due to faulty attic wiring above a shoe repair shop.
The view from my office, Cathedral of the Madeline in the center (it wasn’t close to the fire)
Employees and bystanders form a brigade to rescue clothing from a dry cleaner’s before it goes up. Felt-Buchhorn, a long-time landmark in Salt Lake, fell victim to the recent recession.
Oh, the irony.
The Old Wolf has spoken.