It goes without saying that this email is NOT from Chase.
From: firstname.lastname@example.orgSubject: Chase Online Important Alert : Action Required
To: Undisclosed recipients: ;
1) First red flag: To “Undisclosed Recipients.” If you’re getting an email from your bank, it will be addressed to you and not to everyone in the world.
2) Next red flag: Nigerian English:
- Technical se rv ices of the Chase online
- “We earnestly ask you to visit”
- Start the procedure of confirmation on customers data
Nobody at Chase ever wrote such a bad email. If it sounds wrong, it is wrong.
3) Next red flag: Banks will never ask you to divulge confidential information on the internet. They just won’t.
4) Most importantly, look where you go when you click the link:
http://schlatterhof.ch/junk/Capt/index.htm (I broke the link so you can’t accidentally go to the fraudulent website.)
That is a lot different from the real URL you should be seeing when you go to Chase:
A bank should always have an “https” URL, which indicates secure data transmission. These turdcaskets didn’t even try to make the web address look like something from Chase.
Be aware. Be Careful. Practice safe computing.
The Old Wolf has spoken